High quality window films offer the following…
99.9% ultraviolet (UV) light reduction resulting in:
- Significant fade protection for furniture, carpet, artwork, wood, draperies, etc.
- Reduced fabric, textile and wood deterioration.
- Reduced exposure to UV radiation, which has been linked to skin cancer.
Significantly reduced solar heat build-up resulting in:
- Increased comfort.
- Reduced air conditioning costs.
- Reduced HVAC equipment wear and tear/maintenance.
- Increased fade resistance.
Attractive accent to home, business and car windows
Scratch resistant hard coating (standard on most films) protects against:
- Accidental abrasion and product deterioration from normal cleaning.
- Hazy appearance typical with plastic type materials.
Window films are composed of a polyester substrate. During manufacturing a scratch resistant coating is applied to one side of the film and a crystal clear mounting adhesive is applied to the other side. The adhesive is protected by a clear release liner.
Proper cleaning of the glass is an essential part of quality film installation. Once the glass is prepared the installer will precisely cut the film to the exact size of each piece of glass. When the release liner is removed from the film, the adhesive side of the film is applied to the inside surface of the glass with the aid of a mounting solution which is then squeegeed out. The film requires a period of time to dry. During this drying process there may be changes in the optical clarity. A hazy appearance may occur which is normal and will go away. On auto glass, you should allow 24 hours before rolling down any windows to ensure complete drying time. You should avoid all keys, seatbelts and other objects from coming in contract with the tint to avoid unwanted scratches which are not covered under warranty.
How do I clean my windows after film is installed?
Windows with film applied are easily cleaned without damage to their appearance as long as a few common-sense guidelines are followed:
1. Use a soft clean cloth, soft paper towel, or clean synthetic sponge.
2. Use a soft cloth or squeegee for drying the window.
3. Use any normal glass cleaning solution which contains no abrasive materials. NO AMMONIA based cleaners.
Note: You should wait 30 days to clean the inside surface of your windows after the film is applied to ensure proper bonding.
Yes. Our residential window films are designed to be safe for dual pane installation.
Technological advances in window film allow you to enjoy virtually clear, un-tinted and non-reflective glass with all the fading and heat protection offered by darker, reflective films. Our spectrally selective films will not change the look of your home’s interior or exterior and will reject 97% of the sun’s infrared heat and 99.9% of the UV rays that cause fading. If you desire a dark film or any shade in between we have a full line of different grades to choose from.